Monday, February 01, 2010

Team Croatia Missions Trip - Day 7

(I'm determined to finish blogging about this trip before I return to my regular blogging.)

Day 7 - Sunday

We went to the Sunday morning service in Verazdin, where the other missionary works. The sky was bright and blue that day . . .



This house was across the street from the church. It was the largest house in the country I saw the whole time we were there. It also had a uniquely modern look, and lacked the terra cotta roof that almost all the other buildings had.

A crown of thorns was on their fence . . .interesting.


Bethany, Lizzie, Nichole, Hannah, Elvira, Lacey, and Melissa



Elvira and Brett wait for the service to start.




I wonder if I'll ever get to see Elvira again . . .I've mailed her a couple letters, but it's hard to know if they definitely reach her or not. Later that week, she told us that she had informed her mother that she wanted to visit the States when she's 20. . .hopefully, we can help arrange that.





After the service on Sunday night, we enjoyed the cool evening and goofed around with the kids. They loved to ham it up for the camera.







Especially the boys . . .






Melissa and I smile with one of the girls, I forget her name. Elvira's mother is in the background to my left.








By this time, i was missing my own kids like crazy, and it was Cole's 4th birthday that day, so it was good to hang on to Elvira and take her in as one of my own.

Later, we headed to the downtown square and ordered pizza at the local cafe. We were so hungry for "American" food by this time, we could hardly stand it. Normally, our group couldn't fit into the van, but we didn't want to take two trips, so four of us crammed in the back of the van, between the back seat and the doors, crouched in the small space. Yeah, after I snapped this picture, I jumped in there with them, and they shut the door on us.
Around midnight, we got on skype and had a conference call back to our home church during the evening service. We got to share with them our experiences for the week. It was so good to hear from familiar voices even though we had only been gone for 7 days.

We had it arranged for several of us to answer questions from those back home. Right when it was my turn, the person who asked the question was Baylea. It caught me off guard, and I had to choke back some tears as I answered her . . .it was so good to hear her voice and I missed her and my other babies so much.

No comments: